Under the supervision of the Clinical Director, the Mental Health Consultant will be responsible for ensuring the quality of the English version of the J’avance! Program, together with tasks related to mental health support for the English speaking population.
- Reviewing and ensuring the quality, accuracy, and appropriateness of the English version of the J’avance! Program material, as prepared by external translators, including program branding, glossary of key terms, facilitators’ guides, participants’ booklets, and references
- Drafting the English resources and suggested readings which will be included in the participants’ booklets
- Translating the J’avance! training material and web site into English
- Ensuring that the overall philosophy of J’avance! is preserved in translation
Secondary roles (time allowing):
- Participating in the following activities to support English speaking individuals dealing with anxiety, depression or bipolar disorders, including:
- responding to incoming calls and emails
- performing interviews and registration for J’avance! self-management workshops
- facilitating support groups
- cofacilitating self-management workshops
- Exceptional quality of English, written and spoken
- Good quality of French, written and spoken
- Degree in social work, psychology, psycho-education, occupational therapy, nursing or related field
- At least 1 year of clinical experience in mental health services
- Must possess the ability to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team and third party
- Demonstrated ability to use computer programs (Windows, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Will be considered as assets:
- Ability to perform the tasks listed as secondary roles with a French speaking population
- Previous experience in translation or editing
- Deep understanding and adherence to Self-Management Support Approach
- Ability to train future J’avance! cofacilitators (i.e. strong teaching skills)
- Ability to participate in evaluating and improving evaluation methods for the J’avance! Program
- Lived experience with a mental health disorder
- On a contractual basis (start date and duration to be determined) renewable according to employer’s capacity
- Full-time (28 to 35 hours)
- Hourly rate: according to applicable conditions
Please email your résumé and cover letter prior to March 16, 2018 to email@example.com.
Kindly reference in subject line: “Candidacy for Mental Health Consultant – Surname, Name”.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.