Under the supervision of the Clinical Director, the Co-Facilitator will help lead a psycho educational group intervention by means of a Self-Management Workshop which is part of Revivre’s J’avance! Program.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Become familiar with the founding principles of the self-management support approach, as well as the material and content supporting this type of intervention.
• Prepare each session in collaboration with the other Co-Facilitator.
• Facilitate 10 (or 12) weekly sessions (2.5 hours per session) in accordance with the program’s established structure and philosophy. Sessions will be held either in the afternoon (from 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.) or in the evening (from 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.).
• Follow-up regarding the group’s progression with the assigned member of Revivre’s day team.
• Attend the pre- and post-workshop meetings, contributing to its evaluation
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in a field related to psychosocial intervention (psychology, social work, psycho education)
• Experience in group facilitation, an asset
• Knowledge of mental disorders
• Full proficiency in English, functional in French (for English Workshops) OR Full proficiency in French, functional in English (for French Workshops)
• Be available to attend a training session (unpaid) at Revivre’s offices.
• Exemplary empathy, solid active-listening skills
• Group management skills
• Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Ability to handle crisis situations, for example, suicidal crisis or high levels of psychological distress
• Will be considered as assets:
• Deep understanding and adherence to Self-Management Support Approach and recovery-oriented practices
• Lived experience with a mental health disorder
• 44-hour part-time contract (approximately 4 hours per week) at a $22.00 hourly rate
• Opportunity of contract renewal to co-facilitate other self-management workshops during future sessions
Please send your résumé and cover letter to the Selection Committee no later than March 13th, 2018.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly reference in subject line: “Candidacy for Co-Facilitator – Surname, Name”.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.