Revivre is a non-profit organization whose mission is to help those living with anxiety, depressive or bipolar disorders, and their loved ones. For further information regarding our mission and services, please visit www.revivre.org
Job location : Montréal (Plateau Mont-Royal)
Under the supervision of the Clinical Director, the Co-Facilitator will help lead a 10-week pschoeducational group intervention aimed at supporting anxiety self-management amongst a cohort of English-speaking individuals. The Anxiety self-management workshop is part of Revivre’s J’avance! Program.
Responsibilities and duties
- Become familiar with the founding principles of the self-management support approach, as well as the material and content supporting this type of intervention.
- Prepare each session in collaboration with the other co-facilitator.
- Facilitate the 10 weekly sessions (2.5 hours per session) in accordance with the program’s established structure and philosophy. Sessions will be held on Tuesday evenings, from 6:30 to 9 PM, from January 30th to April 3rd 2018.
- Follow-up regarding the group’s progression with the assigned member of Revivre’s day team.
- Attend the pre- and post-workshop meetings, contributing to its evaluation
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in a field related to psychosocial intervention (psychology, social work, psychoeducation)
- Experience in group facilitation, an asset
- Knowledge of mental disorders, especially anxiety disorders
- Full proficiency in English, functional French
- Be available and attend the training session on January 18, 2018 from 9 am to 5 pm (non-paid) at Revivre’s offices.
- Exemplary empathy, solid active-listening skills
- Group management skills
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- 1Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to handle crisis situations, for example, suicidal crisis or high levels of psychological distress
- Will be considered as assets:
- Deep understanding and adherence to Self-Management Support Approach and recovery-oriented practices
- Lived experience with a mental health disorder
- 44-hour part-time contract (approximately 4 hours per week) at a 22.00$ hourly rate
- Opportunity of contract renewal to renew contract to co-facilitate other self-management workshops during future sessions
Please send your resume and cover letter to the Selection committee no later than January 12th, 2018.
By email: email@example.com
Kindly reference in subject line: “Candidacy for Co-Facilitator – Surname, Name”.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.