Revivre is a non-profit organization whose mission is to help persons struggling with anxiety, depressive or bipolar disorders, along with their families.
Work location: Montreal (Plateau Mont-Royal)
Summary of Position
Under supervision of the Clinical Director, the Mental Health Worker will offer self-management support to our targeted audiences who are struggling with anxiety, depressive or bipolar disorders, on an individual or group basis.
- Respond to requests for information and support through individual counselling (hotline, email, face-to-face, online forum, Facebook) as well as group interventions (support groups, Self-Management Workshops)
- Collaborate with training and supervision of a team of volunteers and interns
- Conduct phone interviews with potential workshop participants and provide them with information regarding workshop functioning
- Facilitate self-management workshops based on the J’avance! Program, proprietary to Revivre
- On occasion, represent Revivre at meetings with external collaborators, at conferences or at kiosks
- Bachelor’s degree in a counselling-related field (Psychology, Social Work, Psychoeducation, etc.)
- At least 3-year experience in similar position
- High-level knowledge of mental health disorders, especially anxiety, depressive and bipolar disorders
- Relevant experience in a non-profit environment
- Knowledge of institutional and community-based mental health structures
- Must be fluent in both French and English (i.e. ability to offer quality counselling in both languages)
- Good working knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Exemplary empathy, acute active listening skills
- Good level of autonomy and strong ability for teamwork
- High-level interpersonal skills
- Ability in dealing with complex and difficult situations related to mental health (i.e. suicidal thoughts, psychological distress)
- Organisational skills, sense of initiative, team-oriented
Two positions to be filled:
- Renewable one-year contract – full-time position (35 hours/week)
- Ten-month replacement for maternity leave (35 hours/week) renewable according to employer’s capacity
Salary: in accordance with applicable conditions
Deadline: August 1st, 2017
Please send motivation letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly reference in subject line: “Candidacy for Mental Health Worker – Surname, Name”.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.