Revivre is a non-profit organization whose mission is to help persons struggling with anxiety, depressive or bipolar disorders, along with their families. Revivre created J’avance!, a Self-Management Support Program, which is undergoing significant growth within Canada and Europe. As a result, the documentation for our five underlying workshops is being translated.
Summary of Position
Under supervision of the Clinical Director, the Mental Health Consultant will be responsible for quality assurance of English translation of the J’avance! Program, along with tasks related to mental health support focused towards the English speaking community.
- Reviewing and ensuring quality, accuracy, and appropriateness of the English version of the J’avance! Program (translated by external firm) including branding, glossary of terms, guidebooks for facilitators, participants booklets, and references
- Drafting list of resources and suggested readings in English to be included in participants booklets
- Translating the J’avance! Program training material and website into English
- Ensuring that overall philosophy of the J’avance! Program is preserved in translation
Secondary role (time permitting):
- Participating in activities to support English speaking persons struggling with anxiety, depressive or bipolar disorders, including:
- responding to incoming calls and emails
- performing interviews and registration for the J’avance! Self-Management Workshops
- facilitating support groups
- cofacilitating Self-Management Workshops
- Exceptional proficiency in English, written and spoken
- Good proficiency in French, written and spoken
- Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Psychoeducation, Occupational Therapy, Nursing or related field
- At least 1-year clinical experience in Mental Health Services
- Must possess ability to collaborate with a multidisciplinary team and third party
- Must demonstrate ability in using computer programs (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Will be considered as assets:
- Ability to perform tasks listed as secondary role, in French
- Previous experience in translating or editing
- Deep understanding and adherence to the Self-Management Support Approach
- Ability to train future J’avance! cofacilitators (i.e. teaching skills)
- Ability to participate in evaluating and improving evaluation methods for the J’avance! Program
- Lived experience with mental health disorder
- Contract position starting in August 2017 until March 31, 2018, renewable according to employer’s capacity
- Part-time (21 hours/week)
- Hourly rate: according to applicable conditions
Deadline: August 1st, 2017
Please send motivation letter and résumé to email@example.com
Kindly reference in subject line: “Candidacy for Mental Health Consultant – Surname, Name”.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.